For an overview of the extensive functionality of BESA Research, it is best to take a look at our tutorials.Tutorials 1-7 below have been recently revised for BESA Research 5.3. An application of the new MATLAB interface is shown in Tutorial 3. The new CLARA 3D imaging technique is part of Tutorial 4. At the end, you will find tutorials for working with epilepsy data.
The following tutorials can be downloaded:
- Tutorial 1: Introduction to discrete source analysis (7 Jan 2010). Introduction to the basics of source analysis and the BESA Research user interface using simulated EEG data.
- Tutorial 2: EEG-fMRI Coregistration, preprocessing, ERP & source analysis (7 Jan 2010). All steps of data analysis from preprocessing to artifact rejection, averaging, source analysis and integration of fMRI.
- Tutorial 3: Batch Scripts, multiple subjects & conditions, MATLAB interface (7 Jan 2010). Using batch scripts to generate a grand average source model and to obtain robust individual source waveforms in group studies. Using the MATLAB interface for cross-subject statistical analysis.
- Tutorial 4: Distributed source imaging (7 Jan 2010). Introduction the new 3D volume imaging techniques in BESA Research including the new CLARA method. Includes a discussion of the effects of regularization.
- Tutorial 5: Artifact correction (22 Feb 2010). Artifact correction in continuous and averaged data. Demonstration of source analysis in the presence of artifacts.
- Tutorial 6: Time-frequency analysis and Source coherence (22 Feb 2010). Introduction to the concept of source montages and time-frequency analysis with application to a simulated and a real example of error-related negativity data.
- Tutorial 7: Multiple source beamformer (22 Feb 2010). Demonstration of the BESA Multiple Source Beamformer to image oscillatory activity. Hands on simulated and real data.
- Visual flowfield MEG experiment (8 March 2007). All steps of MEG data analysis from preprocessing to artifact rejection, averaging, source analysis and integration with fMRI.
- Dianalund Summer School of EEG and Epilepsy (July 2012). Examples and hands-on to learn 3D-mapping and localization of interictal spikes and seizure onset in epilepsy data.
- Advanced EEG review and imaging in epilepsy (12 Jan 2009). Use of batch functions for fast pattern search and source analysis demonstrated on epileptiform EEG data (cf. also the tutorial below and the lecture 'BESA Advanced Review and Imaging in Epilepsy').
- Epileptiform EEG activity (12 Jan 2009). Benefits and pitfalls of source analysis of spikes and seizure onsets with application of advanced tools like spectral analysis using brain source montages.
For getting started with the BESA software, please also refer to our quick guides.